Xbox, PS3, Wii: Find the Ethernet MAC Address to register game consoles to the MSMC Network
Posted by Tetler, Corri on 10 February 2011 08:41 PM
Xbox, PS3, Wii: Find the Ethernet MAC Address to register game consoles to the MSMC Network.
Summary: Due to the high network demands of these machines, it is required that all gaming consoles use a wired, or Ethernet, connection on campus. These machines are also unable to pull up the MSMC wireless registration page, and need to be manually registered to the network through the IT Department.
As part of the process for establishing a wired connection we need the following information:
1. Turn on the Xbox with no disc inside.
2. In the Xbox Dashboard, select Xbox Live.
3. Make sure your network cable is plugged into the Xbox
4. From the Settings menu, select Network Settings.
5. Select IP Address, and confirm that the configuration is set to Automatic. Go back into Network Settings, select DNS Servers. Confirm that configuration is also “auto”
6. Go to Network Settings. The MAC Address is in the lower right hand section of the screen.
Microsoft Xbox 360
1. Under System in the Xbox dashboard, select Network Settings.
2. Select Edit Settings.
3. Under Basic Settings, make sure that the IP Setting is Automatic.
4. Under Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
5. Head to the bottom of the screen, to the “Wired MAC Address” heading.
1. In the Wii Channel menu, click Wii Settings.
2. Select Internet, then Console Settings.
3. The MAC Address is on the first line.
1. Remove the GameCube’s broadband adapter from the game console.
2. Printed on the underside of the device is the MAC Address.
Sony PlayStation 3
1. Under Settings, select Network Settings.
2. Select Settings and Connection Status List.
3. The physical address is listed under MAC Address.
Sony PlayStation 2 Slim
1. Turn on the console with no disk inserted.
2. After the Browser/ System Configuration options appear on the screen, push the Triangle button on the controller.
3. The MAC address is at the bottom of the “Version” screen.
Keywords: Xbox PS3 playstation wii video games connect Ethernet mac address
Use the following directions to locate the MAC address of your machine: