Undeliverable Email - Full-Time to Adjunct
Posted by Wilamowski, Joshua on 06 August 2015 04:18 PM
This issue occurs when a full time employee becomes an adjunct and they have previously had their gmail forwarded to their full time account.
The steps below will help with the undeliverable message:
1. Verify that the person is receiving email to their my.msmc.edu account by sending a test email.
2. That same email should go through but also give you an undeliverable error.
3. Verify that the email address in the undeliverable was the person's full time email address.
4. Walk them through the process of unforwarding the email:
Click the gear icon at the top of any Gmail page and choose Mail settings.
Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, or if you use Google Apps, you might have a Forwarding tab instead.
In the "Forwarding" section, select the Disable forwarding radio button.
lick the first drop-down menu in the "Forwarding" section and check for any forwards created by filtering.
5. If the email address does appear, verify as a gmail domain user that the forwarded account is present under Account -> Email Routing.
6. A check box is present there, if you have access check it off. If you do not then speak to John Nicoletti.
7. Send a test email again and verify you do not receive an undeliverable email.