Verizon Fios Home Internet Provider - Problem accessing Network Drives
Posted by on 16 December 2014 11:07 AM
There has been an issue with the new T440s in that people are not able to access there network drives from home. These people having Verizon Fios has there home provider. Add Google's DNS settings to resolve this issue.
1) Click Start
2) Click Control Panel
3) Click Network and Sharing Center
4) Click Change Adapter Settings
5) Right-click on your wireless network connection or your Local Area Connection if you use a wired connection.
6) Click on properties
7) Click Internet Protocol Version 4, then click properties.
8) Click the bubble that says "Use the following DNS server address:
9) In the Prefered DNS server: enter 220.127.116.11
10) In the Alternate DNS server: enter 18.104.22.168, then click ok and close.