Configuring VPN on Mac (Viscosity)
Posted by Nicoletti, John on 06 August 2014 03:42 PM
Configuring Viscosity (Mac VPN Client)
- Launch Viscosity
- Place all VPN configuration files on the desktop, in a folder for easy access
- Click the Globe icon on the menu bar, click Preferences
- Click the “+” and choose “Import from File”
- Select the appropriate .opvn file. This will load the base OpenVPN configuration.
- Select the connection, typically labeled as “client” by default, and hit “Edit”
- Go to the Authentication tab.
- Click the “Browse” button to specify the following files:
- CA = ca.crt
- Cert = cert.cert (client.cert on windows)
- Key = key.key (client.key on windows)
- Tls-Auth = ta.key
- Click Save
- Go to the Advanced tab on the main Preferences window
- UNCHECK “Apply DNS settings simultaneously”
- Viscosity is now configured. Close the windows, go back to the globe and connect the VPN. Once connected, you should now have a tunneled link.
- You can rename the connection by clicking the Globe > Preferences, click Edit and change the “Name” under the general tab. Typically we use “MSMC VPN”
- Delete the folder on the desktop with all of the VPN configuration files!!