Manage Spam settings for student Gmail
Posted by Nicoletti, John on 03 July 2014 11:26 AM
To set up an approved sender list using the Spam setting:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Google Apps > Gmail > Advanced settings.
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain or the organizational unit for which you want to configure settings (see Configure advanced settings for Gmail for more details).
- Scroll down to the Spam section:
- If the setting's status is Not configured yet, click Configure (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- If the setting's status is Locally applied, click Edit to edit an existing setting (the "Edit setting" dialog box displays), or click Add another to add a new setting (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- If the setting’s status is Inherited, click View to view the inherited setting, or click Add another to add a new setting (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- Enter a description for this configuration—for example, "Eng Spam Bypass Setting."
- Select either or both of the following options:
- To bypass spam filters for messages received from internal senders (from users in the same organization), select the Bypass spam filters for messages received from internal senders option.
- To bypass spam filters for messages received from addresses or domains specified in your approved sender lists, select the Bypass spam filters for messages received from addresses or domains within these approved senders lists option.
- If you checked the second box, do the following:
- Click Add or create a new one to create a new approved sender list.
- To use an existing list as your approved sender list, click the list name.
- To create a new list, enter a name for the list in the Create new list field, and then click Create.
- To edit one of your lists, hover over the list name, click Edit, and then do any of the following:
- When you're finished making changes, click Add Setting to close the dialog box.
Note: Any settings you add will be highlighted on the "Email settings" page.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the "Email settings" page.